Where serves the BEST vegan breakfast in Carlisle? We’ll tell you.
Now Cumbria, bless it’s heart, is not renowned for its vegan fare. It’s a traditional county where livestock have long been bred. Whilst it makes for pretty photos it doesn’t make being vegan very easy. My trusty HappyCow App came up with a blank which is very surprising so we hit Google and the streets of Carlisle in search of a vegan breakfast fit for princely, ravenous travellers who still had five hours left on their journey.
Best Vegan Breakfast In Carlisle
The best vegan breakfast in Carlisle award (that we made up) goes to …. *drum roll* PENNY BLUE!
Open 7am til 11pm every day! You can check out their range of day and evening menus here. Penny Blue also has a dedicated vegetarian and vegan evening menu as well as a number of options for breakfast.
Why Choose Penny Blue?
- Staff were incredibly welcoming, hospitable and great with our kids who were given colouring packs.
- Breakfast is tasty, vegan and mostly made by hand.
- Stylish and modern refurbishment in a historical building.
- Relaxed dining atmosphere.
- Multiple vegan choices on multiple menus.
- Open between 7am and 11pm and breakfast served until 12pm.
You Can Stay At the Halston Too
Although we only popped in for breakfast, you can stay at the hotel too.
Search For Local Accommodation
Use this interactive map to search for local accommodation.
Add This Post To Pinterest