Jordan remains one of our top 5 locations around the world to visit and its capital, Amman, did not disappoint! There’s plenty to do and see and the capital and country as a whole are very welcoming to tourists. Here are 46 things to do in Amman with kids.
46 Things to do in Amman, Jordan With Kids
Here are our top 46 things to do in Jordan’s capital city, Amman, with kids. There is an interactive map below that you can use.
- Al-Husseini Mosque
- Prophet Muhammad Museum
- Souk Mango
- Gold Souk
- Souk El-Khoudra
- Souq Jara (only open Fridays from 10.00 am to 10.00 pm)
- Souk Al-Sukar
- Citadel of Amman
- Pigeon Market El-Hashemi
- King Abdullah Mosque
- Roman Amphitheatre
- Archaeological Museum
- Jordan Museum
- Qasr Al-Abad. Hellenistic palace
- The Sleepers of Ephesus or Cave of seven sleepers
- The Duke’s Diwan
- Al Ma’wa Animal sanctuary
- Children’s Museum
- Royal automobile museum
- The old site of Nymphaeum
- National Gallery of fine arts
- Amman waves water park
- Prince Hashem Bird Garden
- King of Bahrain Kingdom Forest, Magic Land
- Amman national park
- Royal Tank Museum
- Abu Darwish Mosque
- Hussain Luna Park
- Rock climb at Climbat Amman
- The Haya Cultural Center
- King Hussein Mosque
- Rainbow street
- Watch the sunset from Bait Baladna
- Check out the view from Dar Ne’meh next to the Amman Citadel
- A free walking tour can’t be missed on a list of things to do in Amman
- The Baladk Street Art Festival happens in April / May & creates bold new murals. Map of street art in Jordan.
- Zaha Cultural centre
- Gravity Indoor trampoline park
- The Forest park
- Darat al Funun- Art in elegantly restored 1920s buildings with Byzantine ruins in the gardens.
- Umayyad Palace
- V Bowl Cosmic Bowling
- Martyrs’ Memorial Museum
- 7 hills skate park
- City club swimming pools & archery
You can download and use this whilst you’re in Amman.
Where Could You Stay?
We stayed in Nomads Hotel (opens on new page) an upmarket hostel near the Souks. If you’re looking for something different, you can use this interactive map to search for accommodation around Amman.
Don’t forget to use the filters to eliminate accommodation you don’t want.
All Our Jordan Content
See all of our posts on Jordan here.